Kites Are Here From All Around The World
Üsküdar Municipality Mehmet Naci Aköz Kite Museum which is one of the first and only 18 kite museums in our country is waiting for visitors with its collection of more than 2500 products (kite, publications, materials and various objects) from 6 continents, 33 countries, as from 1986.
The Kite Museum, which continues its activities within the framework of the “Child Friendly Museum” initiated by our Ministry of Culture and Tourism in 2008 and “Education with Museum” projects carried out by Istanbul National Education Directorate since 2011, is open from 09:00 to 17:00 and the museum entrance is free.
The Kite Museum has ‘’The Kite School’’ which 200 students can take lessons and make their own kite at the same time, and ‘’The Gülen Okumuş Kite Library’’ which is the first kite library of the world.
Among the first places to visit for children by various media and web sites, Üsküdar Municipality Mehmet Naci Aköz Kite Museum has chosen sixth of ‘’Turkey’s Best 10 Personal Museum’’ by Hürriyet Saturday News.
In Kite Museum which has free entrance, if groups want, they can take 1hr 15 mins workshop program. Students are spending funny and quality time by seeing, touching, applying, listening, and The Museum is
told with a theatrical and an interactive expression.
The kite Museum, which is one of the most ideal places for cultural trips especially carried out by schools, demand price for those involved in the applied kite production in the workshops of Kite School in Kite Museum.
Please get an appointment for group visits.
Make Your Own Kite
- Mehmet Naci Aköz Kite Museum has our country’s first Kite School and it is one of the funniest part of the museum.
- 3 years old and older every people can take kite lessons. Lessons are different for every age group.
- During half an hour wokshop studying, students can choose papers which have different patterns. sticks, scissors and stick tape is given students for making their own kites.
- Students finish their workshop studying is clapped and appreciated. Then they have certificate of
appreciation as a memory.
- In addition, the material of the ‘’devil kite’’ made of a4 paper (paper and construction plan) which is one of our kite models in Turkish kite culture is added to the bag of every student.
- Expert kite instructors who take child development and/or pre-school education, studied at pre-school, and eventually were raised with technical education by Istanbul Kite …. Association help students while
Please don’t forget get an appointment.
Belki bir gün “Mehmet Naci Aköz” ile tanışma fırsatı yakalayabilirsiniz.
“Müzeye giriş ücretsizdir.”